Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fms and the double taxation of being a woman.

So I was going to wake up this morning and write baby making part 2. That plan went right out the window when the wrath of eve came down upon me. Sometimes I really hate the fact that im a woman with Fms. Its pretty twisted sense of humor the universe has to afflict the disease of Fms on a mostly female population who already has to deal with the monthly emotional and physical pain of menstruation. Additionally most women with Fms have some sort of reproductive complication such as myself having Endomitriosis. Endo makes my cycles so painful I often can't get out of bed without crying. When you slap this on top of my continuous Fms pain issues it makes for a pretty crappy week in the middle of every month.

I guess the really twisted part is that until today, my cycle had been relatively calm and demure. I should have know better than to think it would actually last. Especially when I was supposed to go to the dentist and then out on a date tonight. Im still going to the dentist,  but I postponed the date. I guess im just a glutton for punishment. Thankfully the gentlemen is just that and totally understood.

On a side note not one of the compression tank-tops I bough yesterday fit right. Now I have to return them all. I have found I really like these "shaper" tops as they givr mild relief to some of my back and abdominal pain and help stop some of the mild pain and stress anxiety I can get. Plus they keep me looking shapely and I actually find they make me eat less because I always feel full or as if my clothes are too tight.

Well back under the covers and to cuddle with my heating pad and the furbabies until its time for the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment